Additional Tips for Social Media Optimization

Flash or Large Graphic Images will Clog Up the Loading Time

Here are additional tips for social media optimization:

1) When you write your social media messages, e.g. on Facebook, focus on connecting with your community and fans first.  Contribute with educational postings that will enrich your readers lives.  Make 90% of your messages as connection messages, and the remaining 10% you get to do some brand selling in them.

2) If you own a blog, definitely allow comments.  You may not have the time to review for spam messages frequently, as spam robots get smarter each day.  Use Akismet plug-in, which is proven to reduce spam comments effectively to help you manage spam.

3) For your website, reduce the use of Flash animations and large graphic files.  They certainly are cool, but most of the time do not really add much to your selling messages.  Moreover, Apple’s iPads and iPhones still can’t read Flash.

4) For blogs, use keywords rich titles for each article.  Add keywords to your blog content as well.  When you have a picture, add keywords to the photo descriptions.

5) Look for suitable partners.  Keep a watch out for fellow bloggers who target the same network or community.  Talk to them about reaching readers together, which could potentially increase the total reach for all parties.  The potential partners should have great influences, and have the same values as you.

7 Tips for Social Media Optimization

So, what's your social media language?

The biggest social media used today are Linked-in, Facebook, Twitter and Youtube channels.  Don’t forget blogs too.  Linked-in is great for professional and business to business connections, while Youtube is the second largest search engine after Google.  Facebook is explosive in membership growth, while Twitter allows you to share up to date short messages to your followers.  Blogs are diaries for regular entries on a certain subject, or many subjects.  Here are some tips on how to make full use of them:

1) There’s Google Reader, Twitter Search, Google Alerts and Google Blog Search that allow you to keep yourself updated on topics relevant to you.

2) Use facebook page not as just a ‘page’, but as a community portal to customers, potential customers and vendors.

3) How to get top ranked in Linked-in search: Make full use of the headline, work experience key words and summary key words too.

4) When you tweet, put your name after your tweet.  If it gets forwarded, your name, the source, gets forwarded to.

5) The biggest leverage for business in Youtube channels is to feature consumer testimonials.

6) If you get mental block in writing for your blogs, get yourself excited about a topic.  Then immediately write all your ideas down quickly.  I mean really quick, like as if you have a ferocious dog chasing you.  Don’t edit until you got it all down.

7) Model after good blogs.  A good one is Seth Godin’s.