Here are additional tips for social media optimization:
1) When you write your social media messages, e.g. on Facebook, focus on connecting with your community and fans first. Contribute with educational postings that will enrich your readers lives. Make 90% of your messages as connection messages, and the remaining 10% you get to do some brand selling in them.
2) If you own a blog, definitely allow comments. You may not have the time to review for spam messages frequently, as spam robots get smarter each day. Use Akismet plug-in, which is proven to reduce spam comments effectively to help you manage spam.
3) For your website, reduce the use of Flash animations and large graphic files. They certainly are cool, but most of the time do not really add much to your selling messages. Moreover, Apple’s iPads and iPhones still can’t read Flash.
4) For blogs, use keywords rich titles for each article. Add keywords to your blog content as well. When you have a picture, add keywords to the photo descriptions.
5) Look for suitable partners. Keep a watch out for fellow bloggers who target the same network or community. Talk to them about reaching readers together, which could potentially increase the total reach for all parties. The potential partners should have great influences, and have the same values as you.