Word of Mouth marketing is hotter than ever nowadays, as it saves you marketing money and allows for greater credibility in messages being delivered to your target audience. Here’s 5 tips on how to have a great word of mouth marketing:
1) Give away freebies that has your brand name on it. Not just any freebies, but giveaways that create conversations. E.g. a really cute bobble-head that shakes its head for an anti-smoking campaign. Or an ugly rag doll that promote ‘Inner Beauty’ for your shower cream.
2) Sponsor events where your products will most likely be used by the participants. E.g. if you sell a hair gel, give loads of samples away to school kids before their prom, with instructions on how to create the top 5 hottest new looks. If you sell a moisturizer that smooths out skin instantly, give it to the female counterpart, days before their prom.
3) On your website, create a ‘tell a friend’ form. Make it simple, with inputs for names and email addresses. Then your article or website can be passed from friend to friend. Have content that are cool or useful for them to go viral.
4) Give bloggers free full size products for them to use. Most of them will review it, as it generates content for their website, especially if the product is relevant to their content theme. Beware of negative reviews, but that’s the risk you have to take in today’s open consumer discussions online. Most important is to generate large quantity of reviews for the buzz effect, and proportionally much more positive reviews vs. the negative ones. So, make sure your product can stand the test of reviews in the first place.
5) Finally, put links of ALL the positive reviews on your website. Highlight the few detailed and really good ones. Summarize the highlights of the reviews, and what the reviewers like about your product.