With investments in traditional advertising decreasing worldwide, digital advertising, especially Google search advertising is getting more popular nowadays. Here are 10 tips to better Google Adwords:
1) Use traffic estimator to estimate the keyword costs. You can better choose your keywords then within your budget.
2) There are 2 ways to fit Google Adwords into your budget. Use Google adwords with low cost keywords, or set low daily budgets. The preferable way is to use Google Adwords with lower cost keywords, rather than restricting your time to only the first few hours everyday. You would want adwords to be on and be seen by your target as much as possible.
3) Group keywords into different groups. Don’t lump all keywords into one campaign. Different people may have different needs or usage for your products, so segment these consumers with different campaign, with different group of keywords.
4) Always set up negative keywords for words that you do not want. This increases the click through rates.
5) Do split test for ads. They are cost effective, and moves you one step to better marketing ROI. Forget about focus groups, where respondents may not tell the whole truth. These split tests tell the whole truth.
6) Always try to foresee what the consumer wants and is thinking in her or his head. Buying an expensive car may require details about the engine and performance, but ultimately, the buyer may buy it as a status symbol.
7) Read magazine headlines for ideas on how to write a more attractive headline for your google ad.
8) Always list benefits fist, followed by the features. This improves click through rates.
9) Be simple, clear and straightforward. No razzle dazzle please. You are talking to real people who needs solutions to their life’s problems.
10) After you have mastered Google Adwords, go on to master the following to further augment your marketing:
SEO, yahoo/msn, email promo, affiliates, banners, social media, PR, direct mail, print ads.